Thursday, April 18, 2013

Watery Themes at House Group

A lot to pack into today.  I was up early this morning, wrote up yesterday’s blog and then finalised Complex’s accounts before driving over to Frome in Somerset to deliver the signed accounts, taking with me Sara’s passport as photo identity of her existence as a director. Sara received a commission today to roll out some training courses for small businesses which could be quite lucrative for Complex if we get enough work from it.  I also did some shopping and banking whilst I was in Frome – especially purchasing some stationery as the local Staples in Salisbury  has now closed.  I arrived back home at around 1 p.m. and had a tortilla (Spanish omelette) with Sara.  This afternoon I attended a Clarendon Greater Chapter Meeting at Farley taking Bill T with me.  It was a very interesting meeting giving the retired clergy and LLMs an opportunity to find out what is going on in the Team and voice their views and opinions on some of the initiatives and developments – especially helpful was there reflections on Holy Week.  Tonight we had a full house group – eight of us – looking at Mark’s Gospel.   The course looks very good and we had some very interesting debates and reflections on the topic of trusting in God which arose out the readings of Exodus (parting of the Red Sea) and Mark 4 – Calming the Storm.  The theme tonight was very “watery” with all the readings referring to the sea, storms and water.  I felt very satisfied that we had had a very good session indeed tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment