Sunday, April 07, 2013

Spring Harvest Day 4

Day 4 of Spring Harvest already and the day that the SH Blues normally set in, except this year they have nor appeared!  Either I am not taking it seriously enough or have now become immunised against them.  The only blues this year are that I haven’t been stewarding – I really have missed that. Another wonderful talk by Gerard Kelly this morning as we continue to explore 1 John with a great story about how a rubbish dump in Caen was converted into a wonderful park – illustrating how god can convert our brokenness into something wonderful if only we allow ourselves to be inwardly changed.  Today Sara and I had coffee in the Skyline before going to the Think Zone where we explored how we can evangelise both privately and in the public (this was followed up in the afternoon by another great seminar from Krish Kandiah on the theme of public evangelism.  I took the rest of the afternoon off (although I did write a further 75 words of my essay!).  Tonight we had an outstanding speaker – Wess Stafford, the Chief Executive of Compassion – who spoke with absolute passion about his lifelong work with the unfortunate children in the world and his work in organizing worldwide sponsorship for them.  Every year I have seen the big blue elephant which is their symbol but tonight’s passionate plea brought the whole charity alive.  After a glass of wine with Paul in our chalet, Sara, Thom, Mary and I went to see Adrian Plass in Centre Stage.  What a great show – I have never laughed so much for such a long time and I am really delighted that we are going to see him again at St. Paul’s in Salisbury next week.  I ended the evening watching the end of the film Dead Poets’ Society on TV finally going to bed at 1.30 a.m.   

No comments:

Post a Comment