Friday, April 12, 2013

Back to Sermon Writing

The weather remained cold and overcast this morning with some drizzle. I hoisted the Union flag to half-mast in memory of Baroness Thatcher and then, after breakfast,  completed my application form to become a volunteer chaplain for the homeless charity, Alabare, after speaking first to my two lay referees I  then drove into Salisbury to deliver the application pack to their offices and also to bank some cheques.  I treated myself to a coffee in CafĂ© Nero before returning home via the Lord Nelson to see Sara.  Whilst in town I met Andrew (our curate) and his wife Sarah and Andrew told me how he has osteo-arthritis in both his knees and welcomed me to the club.  This afternoon I worked on the service I am taking at West Dean in Sunday and also wrote my sermon based on the commissioning of St. Peter and St. Paul.   I finished my sermon at 8.00 p.m. just in time to stroll (or hobble) down to the Lion’s Head for a chat and a few jars with Richard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment