Tuesday, April 02, 2013

A trip to St. Mary the Virgin, Stapleford

A busy day today.  This morning was bright but with thick frost on the cars.  Sara had an appointment with the dentist for some root canal treatment and I had an appointment at Salisbury General Hospital to have my right knee x-rayed.  The whole process at the hospital took about ten minutes in total. I met Sara for a coffee in Costa Café in town.  Sara had to use a straw to drink it.  She left me to go to Ilana's to reconcile the fundraising monies for the Streetz Cheerleaders' fund and I went to the bank and then drove back home.  This afternoon I drove out to Great Wishford to see my fellow ministry trainee, Yvonne, and to go with her to Stapleford Church where I shall be preaching on 21 April. It is a large cold church with Norman arches and so dates back several centuries.  I shall preach from the pulpit to a quite traditional congregation at their Morning Eucharist with an NSM (Non-Stipendiary Minister) taking the service.  All I have to concern myself with is the sermon itself.  We went back to Yvonne's for tea and biscuits and I then drove into Salisbury to do an hour's work in Sarum College Library (I managed to write another 300 words of my essay). Tonight I attend the installation meeting of Stonehenge Chapter and I was press-ganged into acting as Second Assistant Sojourner.  Fortunately I didn't need to do anything except sit in a chair dressed in a surplice - something I shall get quite used to as time goes on!  An excellent meal afterwards - samosas, roast lamb with mint sauce and vegetables, ice cream and strawberry meringue with toffee sauce and cheese and biscuits.  So much still to do before we go to Spring Harvest.  I will be spending much of my time there writing essays I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment