Monday, April 29, 2013

Education, Education, Education

The weather certainly seems to be improving and it is getting much warmer.  Felt achy after yesterday’s marathon mowing of the rear grass bank. No appointments today so spent the day putting my church doctrine portfolio together which I managed to complete at 4.30 p.m. – just in time to drive up to Mary’s school for her assessment evening.  Very pleased with her reports and she seems to be excelling at PE and RS – just like Thom at Test Valley.  Physical Education and Religious Studies seem to the topics which most interest them although both have a flare for mathematics which both Sara and I hated at school!  After the meeting we ate fish and chips in Sara’s car and they went off to West Tytherley for discussion about the Cheerleading Fete which Sara is organising for June and I drove into the city centre for a dress rehearsal of a ceremony which my lodge is performing on Wednesday evening.  As Church House is just across the road I was also able to drop my portfolio in there.  It’s always a wonderful feeling to “drop and run” a portfolio.  Will just now have to wait for the mark.  The rehearsal finished at 9.15 p.m. and I was home well before the 10 p.m. I had predicted.  Sara has been speaking to her Dad and Andrea over the Skype system and it now appears that they will be coming over during the second week in June as originally planned.  We have much work to do in the house to get it ready for them – more decorating and culling of junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment