Monday, April 01, 2013

Easter Monday

A brighter day today - although still bitterly cold.  I set myself a number of tasks to complete today - some of which did get completed but not that elusive essay!  Amongst the tasks completed were - cleaning the car, mowing the rear lawn (a really tough assignment as the grass has grown so long.  It took me a good hour or more and my poor knee took quite a hammering), some bills paid and letters written, investigations into flights to Nassau in the Autumn - we will still try and go direct by British Airways to avoid changing at Miami or elsewhere in the States.  Sara did some gloss painting in the  Family Room and also used the opportunity of free access to the 1901 and 1911 censuses on line to do some family history research including researching my maternal grandmother's ancestors.  We found out that both of our sets of parents had lived for a time, at the turn of the 20th Century, in east London - close to the 2012 Olympic Park.  I did ring Mum to let her know what we found as much of Grandma's life is still veiled in mystery.  Unfortunately all this research did rather knock me off my plans for today.  I ended the day, after a hot bath to soothe my leg, watching the opening games of the Baseball Season in the USA - Phillies at the Atlanta Braves.  Went to bed before learning the result although Braves were winning 1-5.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment