Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Back into Local Politics (by dafault!)

First day back to some normality – Mary is back to school but Thom has another week off before he goes back.  He still has much revision to do – as I have essays to write.  In the post this morning I received a letter from Wiltshire council advising me that as there were fewer nominations than seats for the Winterslow Parish Council, I would be formally appointed at a Winterslow Parish Councillor together with Ivan Moody (from the Methodist Church), Richard Sheppard (from the Baptist Church) and eight others.  I attended the Mid-Week Eucharist at St. john’s this morning (there were only five of us!) and then on to Debbie’s for a Clarendon Team Staff meeting.  Nils wanted to know what we had learned at Spring Harvest which might be of use to the team and we also did a brief reflection on what had been the highlights of the Holy Week celebrations. I am keen to see a much stronger ecumenical movement within the village and Sara and I have discussed how this might be achieved. Mess Church and Bite-Sized Church seem to have declined and will be put on hold for the moment. I had good intentions of getting a lot of paperwork done this afternoon by it just didn’t seem to happen– I just picked at bits here and there.  I must get more focussed.  It is always the same when you get back from a holiday or especially from Spring Harvest.  Richard came around for a coffee late this afternoon to tell us about his medical news.  I had to rush away as I begin my eighth module for the Foundation Degree tonight at Seend, near Melksham – Pastoral Care.  We have quite an erudite tutor, Revd. Dr. Howard Worsely, who is more used to teaching ordinands and deacons preparing for the priesthood.   He is quite clear on what he wants us to do and another essay (a theological reflection) is required to be completed in five week’s time!)  A couple of my fellow students from my first module – Michael Paige and Liz Starling are joining me on this module. The weather turned really unpleasant this evening – high winds and rain.  I finally got home at 10.30 p.m.     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment