Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Working Day

A busy day in the office today dealing with a considerable amount of paperwork which has built up over the last six days or so.  Sara and I both had doctors’ appointments in the Winterslow Surgery this morning and so went in together – Sara for her breathing problems and me for my knee.  Sara needs to have another chest x-ray and the results of my knee x-ray indicate that my right knee has basically worn out!  In other words I have osteo-arthritis.  There is little they can do at the moment as it is moderate and not severe except take ibuprofen and exercise it.  The doctor is referring me to physiotherapy at Salisbury District Hospital.  I shall, continue to exercise by walking and cycling whenever possible and take pain-killers.  The pain seems less now but it could be that I am simply getting used to it!  I delivered the Bible Reading Fellowship resources to those who receive them this afternoon and tonight I presided over our house group.  We had a full house tonight and there was a warmth, grace and humour which showed Christian fellowship at its best.  We completed the study of C.S. Lewis’s Narnia books with a reflection on some of the issues facing Christians from sceptics – including our own voices of scepticism.  However I had the post-Spring Harvest blues descend upon me yesterday and today,  wondering where my ministry was going to take me, but tonight’s house group really did perk me up.  I also realise that the power of prayer is really important particularly as I consider my future principal ministry - be it in the Team or elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment