Monday, April 22, 2013

Rose Croix in Salisbury

A bright but cooler day today.  A quiet day at home today writing letters and writing up my Learning Journal for the Pastoral  Care Course.  Mary stayed off school today with mild flu-like symptoms – probably aching after her full day of gymnastic training on Saturday.  This evening, I attended my Rose Croix Chapter in Salisbury – Sarum.  I was welcomed as a new member and enjoyed the demonstration of parts of the perfection ceremony.  There followed an excellent Festive Board which included roast beef and Yorkshire pudding and I was able to chat with the recorder, a Yorkshireman from Sheffield, who as an engineer had been involved in the design and construction of the Anchor Steelworks in Scunthorpe – which I had seen being built in the early 1970s.  A most enjoyable evening.  Back home I watched a very interesting documentary about a small group of American servicemen who had defected to North Korea in the 1960s.   Fascinating and interesting to try and separate truth from untruth concerning their lives in that oddest of countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment