Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A little bit of DIY

I didn't sleep particularly well last night especially as Sara was tossing and turning - first hot then cold - and consequently waking me up periodically.  Eventually, at 7 a.m. I got up and made tea for Sara and myself.  Sara took Thom to Nether Wallop to catch a bus for Winchester so he could go into college for a couple of hours (it's Half Term this week) to finish off some work.  I drove to Whaddon and attended Mid-Week Eucharist which was taken, at short notice I understand, by the curate Andrew who, with his usual cheerful self, took the service well with an interesting homily about Jesus healing the blind beggar on the second attempt.  Much of Andrew's preaching at the moment is in preparation for Lent which is now less than three weeks away.  I had a chance to have a good chat with Gordon who told me that his ill wife was hopefully coming out of hospital this week.  That will be a great relief for him not to have to keep travelling up to the hospital.  Back home, I dealt with the mail that had arrived and wrote some letters.  This afternoon I successfully installed a new blind in the kitchen and set about tidying up the family room for our long weekend guests - two Baptists ministers one of whom studied law with me at Liverpool.  Sara went to a ladies luncheon group meeting in Salisbury and returned home about 3 p.m.  Mary spent most of the day (with a sleep over tonight) with her friend Izzy.  Tonight, after a dinner of home made chicken curry, I was picked up by Andrew and went with him and David M from the Winterslow Baptist Church to Brownie's in West Dean for her House Group where we had a very enjoyable and fruitful meeting discussing John 8.  Not too late to bed tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment