Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Rain and Hail

It rained again in the night and I found myself keep waking up.  Really couldn't get a good night's sleep with so much going round and round in my head.  Eventually did fall asleep and woke up at 7.30 a.m. - in fact Sara brought in tea this morning.  I decided that even with the bad weather I needed to get some exercise and go for a long walk.  Sara took Mary into Wilton today to attend a days "gym camp" for her to practise her gymnastics.  I set off with walking boots, warm socks, trekking pole and waterproof jacket and hat to walk the 2.5 miles circuit to East Winterslow and back.  Just as I left the house it started raining again but it was light and refreshing.  Arriving at Hill Farm in East Winterslow the light rain turned into a torrential downpour.  I sheltered temporarily in the mouth of an open garage but deciding that it wasn't going to let up and wanting to start on the journey back I braved the elements and carried on walking.  I got drenched!  However, I could do nothing other than carry on and over an hour later I arrived back home.  Not a very swift walk but after a shower and a hot cup of coffee I felt quite refreshed and invigorated.  I sat down to write some letters and quickly called in at Truffles where I had another coffee with our curate, Andrew, and one of the Baptist deacons, David.  I then drove over to Amesbury to take some bottles and cardboard to the recycling plant and on the way back ran into a huge hail storm.  The weather really is appalling at the moment.  More letters were written this afternoon and I set about putting all my diary appointments onto my iPad so as not to forget any.   If I can keep up with putting appointments on it, it will become a very useful tool.  Taking them off my pocket church diary I was struck by the fact that currently I do not have any engagements on a Sunday in it!  This will of course change when I start my placement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment