Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Dad's Taxi Service

I took Thom to the Wallops this morning as it had been agreed that Sara would pick him up today and I would take Mary to her gymnastics class in Wilton.  Getting up early was good and I felt quite invigorated to get on do some work today.  It was raining again and extremely windy during the night.  I attended Mid-week Eucharist at Whaddon where I saw Gordon, one of our retired clergy and a former chaplain to the Provincial Grand Lodge of Wiltshire who told me his wife, Dorsi, was extremely ill and now in hospital in Salisbury.  We shared a few reflective moments together rand I drove him home after the service.  He has good neighbours who are ensuring that he gets up to the hospital on a daily basis.  I returned home and Sara went into work.  I sorted out some papers for tonight's lodge meeting - only four more meetings to go before I retire as secretary as a part of my New Year's Resolution to give up quite a number of activities and consolidate those I am continuing with.  To this end, I am also divesting myself of a number of roles (and committees) within the church and concentrating on main ministry and chaplaincy.  I also sorted out my university notes and module papers as I begin a fresh module on Saturday - Intercessory Prayer - and looked at the module papers on Moodle.  Diaries were also updated.  This afternoon I picked up Mary from school and took her for coffee at Waitrose where she met up with her friend, Maya.  Sara also suddenly appeared and joined us for tea.  Afterwards it was a quick dash to Wilton with the girls where I dropped them off for their gymnastics session.  Sara was to pick them up later after picking up Thom at the Wallops.  I returned to Waitrose, has another cup of coffee and then on to Crane Street where I dropped some correspondence off at Church House and then joined my colleagues at Freemasons' Hall for a meeting of Sarum Lodge.  a small gathering this evening with three visitors one of whom was a Grand Officer who had moved into the area and was now living in Winterslow.  Another of the visitors indicated a wish to join the lodge and I was able to give him the required papers. I am hopeful that the membership can be increased.  A good and enjoyable meeting overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment