Saturday, February 08, 2014

Intercessions

A very early start this morning as I was attending the Men's Breakfast Meeting at St, Francis's this morning with James and our old friend Anthony.  Unfortunately because I had a full day of lessons at Sarum College today, I missed the speaker, Anthony Delaney, but did have a hearty breakfast of egg, bacon, sausage, beans and mushrooms.  I also managed to catch up with one or two people from St, Paul's and CityChurch.  I arrived at Sarum college in good time and spent the day in lectures and tutorials on intercessions - something I have been doing for a long time but today we looked more in depth behind the theology of prayer.  The weather was foul again today with the rain and wind hammering on the windows.  Thom and Sara went into Southampton today and Thom took his friend Callum with him (they met by the entrance of the West Quay Shopping Centre) on my season ticket.  The game against Stoke seemed to go in its usual way - by half time the teams were level on 2-2 and nothing the Saints could do in the second half could change that scoreline.  Saints' always seem to draw against Stoke - a difficult team to play football against.  Stoke will be delighted with that result but Saints are disappointed as a win would have put them above Newcastle United.  Tonight I had an early night, or at least that had been the intention after a long day of study, but ended up watching a Hornblower episode and the wonderful film "The Shawshank Redemption".  Feeling quite tired tonight and finally went to sleep just after midnight.  Unfortunately heavy rain and high winds kept me awake for a good deal of the night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment