Friday, February 28, 2014

Touching the Void

Sara took Thom to the Wallops this morning and I went to Parkwood Fitness Centre for my first induction session on how to use the equipment.  Unfortunately they didn't seem to be expecting me so after a few discussions amongst the staff the general manager, Gary, took me around and suggested and showed me how to use three pieces of cardio-vascular equipment and some weights.  I really enjoyed my session and had a coffee afterwards in the coffee lounge before going on duty with Alabare as chaplain.  The duty session was reasonably quiet until almost the end of my shift when one of the clients needed to speak to me.  Thom wasn't at Peter Symonds today and so I didn't have to rush off to pick him up at Stockbridge.  This meant I was somewhat late.  Mary needed picking up from a friend's house in Devizes Road at 6.30 p.m. together with that friend who was sleeping over, and so, as I was already in Salisbury it seemed sensible for me to stay in Salisbury and so I went to Evensong again in the Cathedral although, unlike last night, the organ playing was more limited as they wished to clear the cathedral by 6.15 p.m. in readiness for a youth concert that evening.  In fact that suited me as I wanted to get away in good time as I had to walk back to Alabare, pick up my car and then across the city to Devizes Road.  Having picked up Mary and two other girls to bring them back to Winterslow, they all went off to youth club at Barry's Field.  Sara and I watched again the Lent Group film (me for the first time as I was out last night) - Touching the Void which was, in places very harrowing but which will inevitably lead to some fantastic discussions amongst the members of the group as we progress into Lent.

No comments:

Post a Comment