Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Back to Sarum College

Woke early this morning and read my devotionals. I took Thom and picked him up at Nether Wallop today.  Back home in the morning, I got together all my study material for a day at Sarum College after I had attended Mid-Week Eucharist at St. John's (there were five of us this morning) and also visited the new Parkwood Leisure and Fitness Club at Bishopdown and signed up as a member for 12 months.  I have a formal induction meeting on Friday morning.  I spent the rest of the day at Sarum College in the library writing up all my notes from the Intercessions course and getting myself organised to tackle the two assignments on Christian Ethics which I have found so difficult to get started. Working in Sarum College's library is a great help - the atmosphere exudes "academia" which is very encouraging.  I briefly met our Baptist friends' daughter in the corridor by the photos of all the STETs students including Linda from our own parish.  By co-incidence, Richard, her husband, sent me an email suggesting that we meet up for a beer at the Lion's Head tonight and I also received a similar request for our other friend James.  It was really enjoyable to spend an evening in their company drinking real draft ale.  It made me realise that it was quite some time ago since we had done this and I was hard pressed to remember the last time I had had a pint of draft beer in a pub.  I am always driving when I attend various functions and so don't tend to drink. It was also my mother's 85th Birthday today and I telephoned her to wish her a Happy Birthday.  I had sent her some flowers via a local florist which she received this afternoon okay. We had a chat.  she had been to the hairdressers and was due to go to see a consultant at Hull Royal Infirmary about her back problems tomorrow. She is going out for a birthday meal on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment