Sunday, February 09, 2014

Bread

The weather was a little drier today.  Sara decided to stay at home this morning and I went to the 9.30 a.m. Holy Communion service at St. Francis's where I was joined a little later by James.  We had coffee together after the service and I was introduced to two of the lay ministers with whom I will be working when my placement commences next month. I stopped off at the village shop and bought a lovely thick loaf of bread to have with some jam.  Back home, after the service, I found that Sara and Mary had gone off to Tesco for the weekly shop (Sara had not been able to get the order in on time online and so had to resort to having to drive into Salisbury and do a normal shop).  I caught up on yesterday's sport on the TV and watched the Manchester United v. Fulham game this afternoon.  This evening I went to St. Paul's for a really good talk by the chief executive of the Trussell Trust who turned out to be a good speaker. his topic was 1 Corinthians 5 - about yeast, and he had two pieces of bread to illustrate his point. I was greeted by Mike M who has become a good friend of ours at St. Paul's and it was also pleasing to see so many people we now know including the McKeowns from Winterslow.  There is the feeling of a revival going on in Salisbury with many people from the countryside coming into the city churches.  Had a fairly early night tonight as I am off to Brighton tomorrow and will be having a rather late night tomorrow evening staying with our friend Peter in Hove.

No comments:

Post a Comment