Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Saintly Resurrection

I didn't sleep all that well last night.  Bearing in mind that I didn't go to bed until 2.20 a.m., had drunk a couple of mugs of coffee after returning from a heavy meal at the Brighton Masonic Centre coupled with the pounding rain on the windows (yes it was raining again) it is not surprising.  My alarm went off at 5 a.m. and I carried on snoozing until I eventually got up at 8 a.m.  I showered and dressed and went downstairs for a cup of tea.  The weather was truly atrocious - rain, rain, wind and rain. Not a gentle pitter-patter on the windows but a hurricane force pounding as though several hosepipes were being trained on the house's windows.  Peter and I continued our discourse until nearly midday - neither of us wanting to venture out in this appalling weather and I certainly wasn't relishing the 85-mile drive back to Wiltshire. We eventually parted and I drove along the main A27 road back to Winterslow, stopping for some lunch at Arundel and an ice cream at Carlos once back in Hampshire. I arrived back at around 2.20 p.m. in the middle of listening to the afternoon play.  I received a phone call from the Wiltshire Provincial Grand Master with some interesting news and then drove to the Wallops to pick Thom up from college.  This evening Sara and I attended the fifth session of the Exploring Christianity study at St. Paul's.  Tonight we talked about the Resurrection.  One member of our group who wasn't a committed Christian when we started announced that they are now but want to learn a lot more.  This does show how good Alpha course are and I hope to spend a bit of time at St. Francis's with their alpha Group which has an amazing 22 participants.  tonight Southampton played Hull City at Hull winning 0-1.  They have, tonight, gone above Newcastle United by two points into 8th place in the Premier League table.  They look such a competent and confident team.  From their days down in League 1 they have certainly resurrected themselves back to top tier football.

No comments:

Post a Comment