Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Meal

I took Thom to the Wallops today - more rain and wind.  There was no Ambassadors today but I did have a meeting with my mentor at Church House this morning at 10 a.m.  It also being St. Valentine's Day I had agreed to call in at Waitrose and purchase one of their special Valentine's meals for two - consisting of a starter, main dish, side, dessert, chocolate and wine - all for £20.  I chose some brie and tomato tartlets for starters, steak and potato gratin for main (to be eaten with peas and beans) and New York cheesecake and a rose wine.  My meeting at Church House went well and we discussed some different topics for me to pursue for my ethics course which I will read up on over the next few days.  I spent over three hours on chaplaincy duty at Alabare Place where I had a couple of private consultations today.  The weather is truly miserable again today - massive rainfall and huge winds.  tonight was particularly grim.  Mary brought home a friend this evening to join her at Youth Zone and also for a sleepover.  A lovely quiet girl who seems to be a good influence on Mary as we hardly heard them all night.  Sara and I enjoyed the Valentine's meal I cooked and watched some mindless TV - in fact we actually enjoyed a couple of episodes of Fawlty Towers which always lightens any mood - Basil the Rat and The Anniversary. The whole house was buffeted by the most horrendous winds.  The flagpole has been dismantled now for several days (I have seen quite a number damaged around the countryside) as a safety precaution and to preserve it.  At the moment I am loathe to re-erect it as these storms are coming upon us quickly and in increasing number and intensity.  The whole country is now suffering really badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment