Monday, February 03, 2014

Meeting upon Meeting

Despite only going to bed at 3.40 a.m. I was not feeling at all tired when I woke at 6 a.m. this morning - I guess the sleep in the early evening yesterday worked its magic.  I had a lovely bath, read my devotions and bit more of my book about the growth of the church in China.  I worked in the study on Complex matters today and generally dealt with the end of month accounts including sending out a few bills.  This evening, after picking up Thom from Stockbridge, I had a series of three separate meetings.  First of all, a meeting of the Finance and Resources Committee of Alabare held at Salisbury District Hospital (5 p.m.), followed by a committee meeting of Sarum Lodge at Salisbury Masonic Centre (6.30 p.m.) and finally a meeting of the Winterslow Parish Council (7.30 p.m.).  By the end of the Council meeting, at 10 a.m., I was beginning to feel quite tired and the short night was now creeping up on me.  as I write this it is just 11 p.m. and time for me to turn in.  tomorrow I have to be up early again to attend a business breakfast meeting at the Grasmere House hotel in Harnham and then want to spend the rest of the day getting my tribunal case settled as well as hopefully, finalising the accounts for a probate I currently involved with.  Finally, it would be good to start work on my theological assignments!  

No comments:

Post a Comment