Thursday, February 06, 2014

Christmas Dinner

Up early again this morning and did the 9.00 a.m run to Wallops with Thom.  Sara took Mary into school instead of her catching the school bus and afterwards she went on to Parkwood Leisure Club where she had her induction session.  I spent the morning in the study sorting out some Masonic paperwork and correspondence including drafting the summons for the next meeting and beginning the writing up of the minutes of the last meeting.  At lunchtime I met up with Richard at his house and we loaded has and my car with all the crockery he had from a Copenhagen coffee shop which had been owned by one of his family's relatives.  This we took to Alabare's head office in Salisbury for onward distribution to a number of projects which, having seen a sample of the crockery, were fighting over it!  It is good to know that it is being put to good use.  I also received my permanent pass card which allows me entry to the chaplaincy office at their headquarters - a useful resource.  I now feel like a more permanent member of their staff albeit on a volunteer basis.  Richard and I then drove to St. Paul's and enjoyed tea and cake at the SP2 Community Centre coffee shop. We spent about an hour there chatting and drinking coffee before we went our separate ways - me to Sarum College where I spent a couple of hours sorting out my study papers and thinking about the contents of my two assignments - both look as though they will be about the justification of war.  Tonight Sara and I went to Bills back in Salisbury for the Ambassadors' Christmas Dinner.  Excellent food but the service could have been much better.  Unfortunately there were only 17 of us and we did miss some of our other colleagues.  It was, as usual, pouring with rain but it made for a nice evening out for Sara and me.  We so rarely go out together on our own these days.  It also never ceases to amaze me just what a big "village" Salisbury is.  So many co-incidences and acquaintances.  Both Sara and I know and are known by so many people - especially Sara.

No comments:

Post a Comment