Thursday, February 27, 2014

My last Deanery Synod meeting

I took Thom to catch his bus at the Wallops this morning and then returned home to work in the office until lunchtime when I went into Sarum College and spent the whole afternoon writing up my first assignment for my ethics module which I was delighted to have completed by the end of the afternoon and submitted it to Sara for proof reading.  I attended Cathedral Evensong this evening with some magnificent music from Vaughan Williams in the form of an anthem setting words by George Herbert to music. I wasn't so keen on the organ voluntary at the end.  I returned to Sarum College to attend my very last Deanery Synod meeting (I am not seeking re-election for the next triennium) and was delighted to hear that the Deanery had raised about £8,500 for Morning Star as its Deanery Mission Project.  This had enabled Morning Star to buy the caravan for David and future guests of theirs as part of their "halfway" house before they return back into society full time.  A really wonderful achievement for the Synod.

No comments:

Post a Comment