Wednesday, February 12, 2014

False Alarm

I woke early this morning although Sara took Thom to the Wallops today and I picked him up a teatime.  Sara did her stint at Morning Star this morning and I attended Mid-Week Eucharist at St. John's Church which was presided over by Nils. There were eight of us in church this morning - quite a number short of the usual.  I drove down rather than walked because the weather was again so wet. Another awfully grim day today.  Sara went into work, picked up Mary and took her to gymnastics whilst I seemed to spend the afternoon battling with our security alarm system which kept going off at random intervals throughout the afternoon.  Eventually, more by luck than judgement, I managed to get the thing to stop going off by pressing a lot of buttons.  I have no idea in what order but it did eventually stop.  I am sure that the howling wind and cascading rain has something to do with it.  Our neighbouring village, Pitton, is under water for most of the High Street.  We have friends in one of the houses which looks to be badly flooded.  Managed to complete and submit my two articles for the Parish Magazine in good time as well as completing some Church of England papers. Another early morning and late night tomorrow - I am attending Morning Office and then a meeting with my Training Incumbent, followed by a meeting with a fellow student and then down to Mudeford, Christchurch for a meeting of New Forest Masters' Lodge where I am one of the guests of honour.  My days are so very full but now it's time for bed and a bit of a read before going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment