Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A bad journey into Dorking today. There was a three-mile tailback to get off the M25 at Junction 9 (Leatherhead) and so I decided to drive on up to Junction 8 (Reigate) and take the A25 into Dorking. A fifteen mile detour but almost certainly quicker and less stressful. Ironically, the person I had a meeting with in Dorking this morning was also coming up from Salisbury and had been caught in the same traffic jam. We should have met in Salisbury! An unremarkable day of reading papers today. I took time out at lunchtime to read some documents sent to me from Stop the Traffik whilst munching my packed lunch. I had intended to go to the gym but found that I had left my wash bag behind so thought better of having a workout and returning to the office all sweaty! Well that's my excuse! This evening I was treated to some of Sara's fabulous rice pudding and spent most of the evening composing a short paper to send to Stop the Traffik. I also dealt with some emails and wrote up this short blog before going to bed. Burnley beat Reading in the second leg of the Championship Semi-Finals as I predicted and will meet Sheffield United in the Final. My prediction is that Burnley will go through and get promoted to the Premier League. Still no news of Southampton's fate though.

No comments:

Post a Comment