Friday, May 01, 2009

Shacks and Sheds

A very busy day in Salisbury today. Arrived at the office early and had my usual coffee and bacon muffin. An early morning meeting with the Technical Claims team with the rest of the day taken up mainly with finalising a couple of employment dispute settlements. I had lunch with Sara and we both attended the Christian Fellowship meeting where we discussed miracles again with particular reference to the feeding of the five thousand. By the end of the working day I was mentally tired and so went off to Five Rivers Leisure Centre for a swim. There I met Susan with the three girls who were swimming in the smaller pools. There were only two lanes open in the main pool so I joined the medium speed lane (the other was fast) and swam eight lengths. It was difficult to swim at a leisurely pace as one swimmer, in particular, should have been in the fast lane as he was doing the crawl at an incredible speed and making substantial waves! After my eight lengths I spent 10 minutes in the adult spa pool - sheer bliss. I got home at around 6.30 p.m. and watch a bit of Auf Wiedersehen Pet online (half of Tuesday's episode which I missed) before going to Dawn H's for the Post-Alpha Course Group Meeting. This was led by Linda and was an all female affair (apart from me) as Hamish could not make it. Wine, chocolate biscuit brownies (which I declined as not fair trade) and home made flapjacks (which I did have) augmented the evening. It was a most encouraging evening and there was a good insight into how newcomers view church and we had a diverse discussion on The Shack. I must confess to not having read it although I did buy it last month. Back home to complete this blog and watch the rest of Auf Wiedersehen. The shed padlock appears to have been misplaced but sure we will find it in the daylight tomorrow. In fact, a completely free day tomorrow with no special plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment