Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Galaxy and Galaxies

Another day in Dorking with meetings in the morning and catching up with more paperwork in the afternoon. I brought in some Fairtrade chocolate into work and those who tried it had to admit that it tasted very good and at least as good as a Galaxy bar. I ate a packed lunch again and prepared for the House Group during my hour lunch break. Tomorrow we will be moving on through Steve Chalke's "The Apprentice" to look at "Believing" - the issue of having faith. Unfortunately, it looks like we may not have many people tomorrow night due to other commitments. The news was once more full of the MPs' expenses scandal with the publication of the Liberal Democrats expenses. This issue has now been in the media for six days and the public are becoming increasingly outraged by the revelations of moat cleaning, house cleaning, mole removals, trouser presses, new kitchens, biscuits and so on. I don't think the British political scene has been at such an all time low. I came home to find police tape stuck to Tom's door. Apparently the police had come to talk to his class today at school and he remains inspired to become a police officer as a career and asked the sensible question as to what subjects he should study to GCSE. Surprisingly the answer was "none in particular" but he should spend time in a community getting to learn social skills etc. to prepare him for life on the beat. Good sound advice. Tonight I played some game on his Xbox which resulted in me getting killed after about 35 seconds of pushing the wrong buttons on the controller he gave me! I wrote up my Night Sky Article for the parish magazine (on time for once) and this blog. I also sent out a draft of the Mission Giving Report for the PCC meeting next week. I received a very kind e-mail from Simon at Stop the Traffik advising me that Ruth, the CEO, would like to meet me and inviting me to go up to their offices again for coffee with her. Another late night, but at least I will be in Salisbury tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment