Friday, May 29, 2009

Historical Masonic Event

Following quite a late night last night it was good not to have to travel to Dorking today but my day in Salisbury was a long and very packed one! I had meetings right through from 8.30 a.m. until 5 p.m. with a short break at 1.30 p.m. to join the Christian Fellowship members (only 3 of us today) taking my soup and toasted sandwich with me. After two very intense meetings indeed, this half-half slot was a welcome oasis. As soon as the meeting was over it was back for further intense work meetings until 5 p.m. when I left to get changes and drive over to Crane Street for the Wiltshire Masters' Lodge Meeting. Peter M from Brighton and Anthony H joined me as my guests and we were entertained by the Hampshire Provincial Stewards' Demonstration Team to a re-enactment of an Atholl Lodge Initiation Meeting in 1751. It was both very informative and entertaining/amusing. The dinner was acceptable - although not the best I've ever had - consisting of egg mayonnaise, chicken chasseur, meringue with fresh fruits (pineapple, strawberries, melon and kiwi) , followed by cheese and biscuits and coffee. Anthony had a second chicken as he complained his first one wasn't big enough! When the egg mayonnaise was brought out the waitress managed to knock my glass of wine over (it was full too) which flowed towards Peter. Fortunately he got out of the way milliseconds before it would have hit him! We finished the meeting at a very respectable time of 9.15 p.m. Peter followed me in his car back to Winterslow where he picked up the ladders he had lent us over a year ago. It was good to get them out of the garage - making more room for the bikes. Peter stayed for a cup of tea and a chat and agreed to fit some mirrored doors to our wardrobes in July/August.

No comments:

Post a Comment