Tuesday, May 26, 2009

An evening of accounts

My alarm woke me at 6.00 a.m. today but I didn't get up, finally, until just before 7 a.m. The weather was terrible - wind and rain which I think we must have had all through the night. The traffic on the M3 going up to Dorking was awful too and I didn't get in until 9.45 a.m. I had a client to see me at 10 a.m. too and I must confess that with the Bank Holiday break I had forgotten about it. The issues he had were fairly straightforward principles of law and he seemed very satisfied with the advice given. At lunch time I drove into North Holmwood to pay a telephone bill at the local post office there. A quick lunch and then another meeting this afternoon and a read through three discovery files before I left for home at just before 6 p.m. I stopped off at Sainsbury's at Farnham for an Indian ready meal and some Fairtrade chocolate. Tonight I spent most of the evening getting my books of account in order to go off to my account in Frome tomorrow. Although the accounts are kept up to date, I had difficulty in printing off the old Microsoft Works spreadsheets and will have to convert future ones to Excel. I therefore had to put the spreadsheets onto a disc and hope that my accountant can read them. When I came home I found that Tom had a whole new wardrobe of clothes - he has grown out of most of his existing ones already, and a new chest of drawers on the landing. The new chest does look smart. Our new downstairs carpet should arrive on Friday so Thursday's Home Group will have to be cancelled or a another venue chosen. Sara spent the evening finishing off the Parish Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment