Saturday, May 02, 2009

Garden Leave

I described today in yesterday's blog as being a quiet one at home. In fact, I did spend the whole of the day at home but it was far from quiet. I was brought breakfast in bed by Sara a the late hour of 9.00 a.m. - tea, toast and orange juice. Sara then went off for the rest of the morning with Mary to ballet lessons and general shopping in Salisbury. It was a gloriously warm dry but slightly breezy day and so I decided to spend the morning in the garden rather than doing the jobs I was planning to do around the house - principally making a start on clearing up the study. I mowed both front and rear lawns and then about weeding and burning the debris around the west side of the house. After some persuasion, Tom joined me and helped with some of the weeding and carting away the debris from Sara's weeding efforts yesterday. I cooked us lunch of haddock and pea wet (the mushy peas became even more mushy in the cooking process) . For those of you who are not northerners, "pea wet" is a delicacy in the north of England - pea juice drizzled over chips or scraps! Yummy! The afternoon was taken up with cleaning and tidying the guest room and bathrooms. Tonight I bought us all a Chinese takeaway as a treat and Mary had Molly to stay overnight. We watched Britain's Got Talent before Mary and Molly went to bed. I was determined to have an early night as Tom and I are going up to Nottingham tomorrow to watch the Saints' final match in the Championship against Nottingham Forest who are safe for another season. However, it could be Southampton's last match in league football if a buyer is not found for the club. It will be either Norwich or Barnsley who join Saints and Charlton in the drop tomorrow. Grimsby play their last match at home against Macclesfield but must lose something like 0-18 and Chester must win for them to get relegated. I have high hopes from Grimsby next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment