Friday, May 08, 2009

Alpha Supper and Brum bus

Another day in Dorking today with early morning meetings with HR. I had lunch with Sara B (not wife) and spent the afternoon attending to those files which had sat on my desk for over a week either because they were complex matters or I just didn't fancy dealing with them earlier. As is often usual in these cases they are never really as bad as you think they are going to be once you get into them and the problem is soon solved. I left the office just before 5 p.m. this evening and gave Anthony a lift back as far as Grateley. We called in at Lidl's in Andover on the way where I bought some replacement rose wine from Chile. I had hoped to get some more Californian Zinfandel but they don't seem to stock it anymore. This evening I went to Richard and Linda's who were hosting the Alpha thank-you supper. Sara had made a rice salad which I took as part of the bring and share supper. There was masses of food - hot noodles, stew, ham, cheese, rice, rice salad, bread, quiche, pasta and wonderful desserts. Richard was excited by the fact that he had read in a magazine that a Birmingham City Transport bus was up for sale - a Guy Arab IV - MOF 102 - and wondered whether I would be interested in buying it with him. Linda was less than amused as was Sara when I mentioned it later. It was a really pleasant evening. Both Nils and Elizabeth turned up as well as Hamish and his parents and Susan G. I gave copies of Spread the Word to Sarah, Penny, Petra and Dawn H. Back home for a glass of pink champagne whilst watching Jonathan Ross and Jack Dee at the Apollo.

No comments:

Post a Comment