Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Somerset and Spanish Fly-ing

A day in Salisbury again today. A very hectic one too! Meeting followed meeting and email request followed email request. Although I was in by 8 a.m. I only just managed to get the last car parking space. I quickly rushed down to the bank at lunchtime to deposit a small dividend cheque before returning to the office to grab a hot soup to take with me into another meeting - my lunch for the day! Later in the afternoon I drove over into Somerset to deliver my books of account, prepared only yesterday evening, to my accountant in Frome. I managed to get there just before his office closed - the traffic being kind to me both there and back allowing me to get home at a good time. Tonight, Tom and I watched the Champions League Final between Barcelona and Manchester United which Barcelona won comfortably at 2-0. I had placed a small bet at Ladbrokes in Frome for a 2-1 win for Barcelona - close but not close enough. I did have a small win on the Lotto, however, £2 for getting the first number of the Dream Number correct. Tonight I started to work on a new blog for Complex Services Limited. Sara's Dad, David, and Andrea phoned us this evening from the USA (North Carolina) and we all had a long and pleasant four-way chat. It is only 2 weeks before they come over to see us. The children are really excited as they have never really met their Grandpa - Tom was only 22 months when we last saw David, and Mary was not even born. Afterwards we sat down to a Spanish Omelette meal. I then set about writing this blog whilst Sara watched...Desperate Housewives!! Then it was a relatively early night to bed - at 11.30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment