Friday, May 15, 2009

Across the Plain

A second day in Salisbury today and another wet and miserable one too. Meetings in the morning and lunch with Sara in the office restaurant. This evening I drove over to Devizes for the Annual DCs' meeting of the Wiltshire Provincial Grand Lodge. The weather was dreadful as I drove over Salisbury Plain with torrential rain, but fortunately it had stopped by the time I arrived in Devizes and parked in the central market place. The market place reminded me of the one in Boston, Lincolnshire and I thought Devizes looked a really picturesque place tonight with the beautfiful market cross (see picture). The meeting was quite short - only an hour - followed by a buffet supper. It was good to meet up with some of my Provincial Officer colleagues again. I will be seeing them again on Tuesday when I attend another function at Malmesbury. Back home at 10.15 p.m., Sara and I watched the Jonathan Ross Show and then a number of Catherine Tate programmes. I also checked my emails and wrote this short blog. With the exception of the trip to Devizes, which was a pleasant diversion, it was rather an unremarkable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment