Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Toasts

A day in the Salisbury office today. I spent most of it in a meeting to discuss outsourcing issues with the proposed supplier and, at least, got a free lunch - sandwiches and crisps and rotten fair trade bananas. I had a latte and a toasted bacon muffin. Before going into the meeting I had a chat on the phone with Klynn following my sending him a daily prayer by text which had been rather appropriate to his current work situation. It will be good to talk to him more tomorrow after the House Group when we have our weekly "spiritual conference" - one or two glasses tomorrow? The afternoon was spent in dealing with emails and preparing for my 1:1 meeting with my boss tomorrow. This evening I attended my Freemasons' lodge in Salisbury when we rehearsed an initiation with members from Bournemouth's Boscombe Lodge. As always, it was a very pleasant evening and afterwards, at the festive board, I was called upon to propose the toast to the visitors which seemed to go down well - even my joke about the two naughty boys whose mother sent them to see the vicar - a joke borrowed from Elizabeth at an Alpha evening. The food was good too roast pork and chocolate mousse - which I declined in favour of vanilla ice cream as the chocolate could not be guaranteed to be fair trade and I simply will not eat it now unless it is. Tonight Anthony, stayed with us and was introduced by Sara to the delights of Facebook and this blog. Another early start in the morning as Anthony and I are off to the Dorking office. It will be a long day as I have to be back in time to lead the House Group tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment