Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Exercise and more exercise

A second day in the Salisbury office today. Although I left for the office quite early this morning I only just managed to get the very last visitors' car parking space. I had three meetings to attend today and managed to grab some lunch with Sara - chili con carne - which was quite delicious. Sara received another call from Tom's school to say that he was in the sick bay feeling very sick. I spoke to the school administrator who was looking after him and after he had had some lunch and fresh air and exercise he returned to his lessons and seemed quite alright when he got home. I was feeling somewhat tired and stuffy by the end of the day and decided to spend an hour in the gym before going home. I spent the recommended time on each of the aerobic machines in my programme - the upright bicycle seeming particularly hard tonight - before returning home to do some more exercise in the form of cutting the grass on the bank on our boundary. I had some trouble with the mower which started to leak petrol. I then switched off the petrol supply and it started to work. I managed to cut two swathes of grass before the petrol ran out - I had forgotten to switch the petrol supply on again. Mary has borrowed a friends bicycle and has been riding it around the back lawn. She seems to have taken to bike riding like a duckling to water and unlike Tom, has venture off on two wheels with not fear or apprehension. It will be great to get her a bike of her own as I know she will love coming out on bike rides with me in Bentley Wood. Good exercise for both of us. Which reminds me, I must clean the dirt off my own bike and bring it out of its winter semi retirement. The plumber had been and replaced our laminated flooring in the en-suite with the new ceramic tiles which Sara had bought. They need grouting tomorrow. Whilst writing this blog Sara is watching Desperate Housewives.

No comments:

Post a Comment