Thursday, May 21, 2009

A new toy

A strange night as woke in the middle of it and then fell into a deep sleep until just before 7 a.m. Another day in Salisbury today and I tackled a few "nutty" problems. Had lunch again with Sara and her colleague Jemma - the Indian meal deal providied by the restaurant was delicious. Sara and I went up to Jessops in St. George's Mall (Sara didn't know there was a Jessops there) to take in about 40 old 35 mm slides to be converted on to CD for use at her forthcoming birthday party in June. Her father had sent me quite a collection of these old slides for such use. Whilst in Jessops it occurred to me that as I have well over a thousand 35 mm slides of old holidays and transport interest, especially buses in the 1970s, it would make good sense to purchase a slide scanner to be able to convert such slides at my leisure on to disc for use with the laptop and digital projector. Not surprisingly, therefore, I came away with such a scanner and spent some of this evening converting a dozen or so slides - including one of Merseyside 2139 which I took in the 1970s (see picture). Whilst on the topic of Merseyside, I had occasion today to speak to Chris T in Liverpool to help me with a particular legal problem we are having. Tonight we had five for the House Group and watched another of Steve Chalke's funky DVDs - this time shot in St. Pancras Station. Klynn stayed behind for a couple of Jameson's whiskies whilst assisting with some of the the slide conversions. By the way Klynn, if you are reading this - you were right - you can drag and drop straight into the pictures folder. I am looking forward to getting all my old bus photos done. Tomorrow it's back to Dorking and I shall be joining the "Alphaholics" at their meeting at Dawn's tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment