Monday, May 18, 2009

Start of Adventures

It was difficult to get up this morning as I was still feeling tired - it had seemed like a short night. It was not helped by the fact that I had to travel into Dorking today. Surprisingly, the traffic was much lighter than I expected - partly due, I think, to the fact that some of the private schools are already off this week. However, driving between Stockbridge and Basingstoke was extremely hazardous with monsoon -type rain making it difficult to see the road ahead. Not a particularly interesting or exciting day at work today. I spent a good deal of it reading a complex medical report which I think I'll use for when I am finding it difficult to sleep at night. Tonight I mowed the inside lawns, did some on-line banking and booked the park and fly hotel accommodation at Heathrow Airport for our trip to Nassau later this year. It was also lovely to have the opportunity to read a bedtime story to Mary - we embarked upon a Famous Five story from Enid Blyton. Mary loved it - especially Timmy the Dog. I had intended to start Sara's birthday quiz tonight too but my eyes are feeling sore and tired so I will close now. A long day tomorrow with meetings in Salisbury and a long drive up to the north of the county to attend a special meeting of the St. Aldhelm's Lodge at Malmesbury.

1 comment: