Monday, January 31, 2011

Joining a Christian Order in Freemasonry

A very long day today. Sara went off early this morning for a meeting at the Clarendon Team Office with Linda to go through her CRB paperwork for leading the Junior Church and afterwards went on for coffee at Sam B's. I worked on the lecture for Civic Lodge and dealt with some correspondence. After a light lunch of crab salad, I set off by car for Brighton to attend a meeting of the Rose Croix Chapter where I was perfected into the 18th Degree of this Christian Freemasonry Order. One has to be a Trinitarian Christian to be a member. A fascinating ceremony and it was good to extend my masonic membership beyond the Old Testament stories into the New. I arrived in Brighton in good time and sat and worked further on my lecture using my netbook whilst drinking a cup of tea in the bar of the Sussex Masonic Centre. I was then called in to participate in the ceremony of my perfection. Afterwards I enjoyed an excellent dinner. I had ordered fish instead of the chicken and ham pie and was served with an excellent lemon sole grilled to perfection - how appropriate. The dinner finally ended at around 9.30 p.m. and I arrived back home in Wiltshire at 11.30 p.m. I have to say that I was extremely tired when I got back - the ceremony and the dinner had been tiring not to mention the long drive to Brighton and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment