Monday, June 27, 2011

Another triumph for Hampshire

A very hot day again today.  No builders arrived today so no further progress on the extension.  Not sure whether they were expected or not but Sara certainly thought that Peter would be coming today to finish off (in fact start) Mary's laminated flooring.  Today Mary was off school again for a Teachers' Development Day and her friend Allie and her sister Megan came over at about 10.30 a.m.  Sara went to Firsdown to pick up Nobby (a 94 year old woman) and take her to the Truffles Coffee shop as part of her LPA duties.  I took Mary and her friends over later in the morning and had a cup of tea with Sara and Nobby.  I spent the rest of the morning drafting some terms and conditions of employment for a firm of solicitors in Salisbury following a telephone conversation to discuss their instructions.  I also had a telephone conversation and discussed a couple of cases with my big client in Surrey.  This afternoon I attend Rosemary's Bible Reading Fellowship meeting following which I took Mary and her friends back to their house at Old Sarum where Mary is having a sleep-over.  I then set about completing the detailed application forms for Oxford Brookes University for the Foundation Degree Course in Ministry which goes along with Licensed Lay Ministry training.  I will have an option to convert it to a full BA degree with a further year's study afterwards if I wish - something to consider. Tonight I watched the Hampshire v. Sussex T20 games on Sky.  I had toyed with the idea of going to the Rose Bowl again but was pleased to watch it on TV.  It was a thrilling game with Hampshire batting first and getting a modest 126 for 8 which looked like it might not be enough to win.  However due to the wonderful bowling again from Tahir and Alfridi, just like the Gloucestershire match on Friday, the away side were all bowled out for 91 runs.  The last wicket fell to the bowling of Dominic Cork just as on Friday.  From the fixture list, Hampshire play again on Thursday but I cannot go to that game; on Sunday 10th July at Hove against Sussex - might see if tickets are available for that game; and again at the Rose Bowl against Middlesex on Friday 15th July - a definite possibility.  It would be good to see another match or two.  I am sure Hampshire will be in the Quarter Finals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment