Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A morning in the gym

Up very early again today - I had a dental appointment at 8.20 a.m. in Salisbury.  Although I arrived five minutes late, I was still kept waiting about ten minutes.  Unfortunately, the examination revealed that I needed another filling on the top and so I had to make an appointment to return for this work to be done on 1st July.  After the dentist I strolled into the city centre (I left my car in College Street as normal) and had a coffee and a bacon sandwich before spending the rest of the morning at the Leisure Centre - first of all in the gym and afterwards swimming - a total of 2 hours of intense exercise.  The scales there indicated that I had lost another pound and a half since last week but I don't think I can rely on these.  Indications are that my weight has stayed the same. The builders have now started putting the roof on the tiles today and Peter was across from Brighton helping and supervising the work.  Before the end of the day the new windows had also been installed in Tom's room ready for the break-through of the extension into the existing house.  What a mess that will create!  Sara went over to LED Synergy in Andover to look at potential LED displays for the Calendar.  Peter was expecting to go with me to the pub for lunch but I had a lot of paperwork to catch up on and I also spent quite a bit of time today getting the Orange Wi-Fi working again.   Tonight Sara started to dismantle Tom's desk ready for the emptying of his current bedroom before the builders break through.  They have done a tremendous job so far and I am very pleased with the standard and speed of their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment