Saturday, June 11, 2011

LLM Selection Conference / Italian Evening for the Calendar Girls

A really busy day today.  Tom was up early this morning in the rain to deliver the papers and I got up to shower and have an early breakfast.  I needed to be at Church House at 9.00 am. for the Seelction Conference.  I had to drive slowly into Salisbury becasue of the tyre situation but still maanged to  arrive quite early.  I sat in the Lush huose car park for 10 minutes and read my devotionals before driving into Church House's car park.  Other candidates (there are eight of us in total) were also arriving.  The day was long with a short period of worship, a group exercise, a pastoral letter to be written and four quite intense interviews before finishing the day with another act of worship.  The time went incredibly quickly and apart for a twenty minute break when I went outside for some fresh air, the whole process was continuous.  I left feeling comfortable and resigned to whatever decision was made.  I had been open and honest throughout the interviews and if I wasn't the correct material for lay ministry then so be it.  It now rests in the hands of God and the Bishop.  As light relief, tonight Roger put of a special Italian evening in aid of Sara's calendar with seven of the Calendar Girls serving.  richard and I shared a table with Karryn and Simon from the chicken farm.  It was a great evening with lovely food and a wonderful atmosphere.  The Lord Nelson was absolutely packed and I would guess, by the generosity of the patrons, that the evening would have made a substantial contribution towards the Calendar Girls' funds.  Went to bed at nearly 1 a.m. after a really full and interesting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment