Saturday, June 18, 2011

A wet, wet, wet Saturday (Summer Fair Day)



Another wet, miserable day today. A typically English summer again!  Tom was up early this morning to start his paper round and Sara took him to the shop in her car and then on to his first house.  I wrote up yesterday's blog this morning and Sara took Mary into Salisbury for he ballet lesson.  Tom's friend Doug from Middle Wallop spent the day with Tom here at home (on laptops and play consoles) and I made them a pizza lunch - I had crab pate for myself.  This afternoon, Sara, Mary and I attended the School Fair on the Recreational Ground which was slowly turning into a mud bath.  The rain was torrential when it came down and several times we had to head for the cover of a stall's gazebo.  In fact, Sara and I spent most of our time in the tea tent talking to various villagers to stay out of the rain.  Mary was taking part in a cheer leading demonstration which I managed to video but which I couldn't post on here because of its size.  I spent most of the rest of the day cleaning and tidying our bedroom and putting away masses of clothes which Sara had washed.  The house remains in an absolute mess and is shortly to get worse when Mary's bedroom wall and built-in wardrobes are demolished.  At least I enjoyed two DVD's of Al Murray's Show and two episodes of the likely Lads whilst I was cleaning and tidying the bedroom.  The one thing about working in the bedroom is that I can watch the TV or a DVD whilst doing so.  I really do wish this weather would improve as I hate all the mud.  The Test Match was rained off for most of the day and I hope that we get to see some cricket tomorrow when Klynn and I go to the Rose Bowl for the fourth day of England's Second Test Match against Sri Lanka.

No comments:

Post a Comment