Wednesday, June 29, 2011

St. Peter's Day - Another Busy One

A really busy day today without a moment's rest.  Up early today and drove over to Whaddon to attend Morning Prayer and afterwards breakfast with the clergy team.  Following this I attended the Mid-Week Eucharist which was also attended by the Worship Committee (consisting of pupils aged about 10) of Alderbury School.  For many this was their first attendance at a Eucharistic service and they were given pieces of paper with a list of things to look out for during the Eucharistic Prayer.  It thought it was well thought out by Elizabeth, who took the service.  I read an extract from Acts from the Good News bible about Peter's release from prison which we thought would be a good story for the children.  After the Eucharist I drove up to Leatherhead to attend a meeting with a client to try and reach an agreement over an employment dispute.  The drive up was quite uneventful until I got to Hindhead where I thought the new tunnel through the Devil's Punch Bowl had been opened.  Although it has been completed it is not yet open to traffic and I had to crawl through Hindhead. I arrived early in Leatherhead and bought myself a sandwich and a drink at Tesco's.  The meeting was not a complete success as no agreement was reached although some progress was made.  The parties are still too far apart for a financial settlement.  I managed to get back to Winterslow in good time for Sessino 8 of the Lay Worship Leaders' training course.  Tonight, Jane Charman led the session on "talking .v preaching" and it appears that as LWLs we will have quite a bit of freedom during the "talking slot".  I also registered this evening for Moodle to enable me to  access the educational resources on line for the LLM training.  Richard and I ended the evening chatting in the Lion's Head over a couple of pints of beer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment