Thursday, June 09, 2011

Beaten at Tennis!

It was amazingly quiet today as there are no builders around.  In fact, they have got on with the work so quickly that they are now well ahead of schedule and have decided to have a few days off. Sara and I went to Weight Watchers this morning and I am delighted to report that I have lost the two pounds I put on last week so, hopefully, I am now on track again.  Just need to lose another 2 lbs to reach the three-stones loss mark. Sara, unfortunately, put on another half a pound.  I called in at Alabare Christian Care Centres offices in Salisbury later this morning and undertook my CRB check to enable me to join their HR/Safety Committee as their employment law adviser.  Afterwards I met Sara in Barclay's Bank where we had a meeting with our bank manager to discuss our investments and how badly they are doing!  The economy being what it is at the moment, it is hard to know where to put ones money.  This afternoon I cut the front lawn, worked on an agreement for a client in Surrey and prepared for tonight's House Group by watching the Spring Harvest DVD of Gerard Kelly's third morning study of Malachi.  I think I must have dozed off for about fifteen minutes during it.  Sophie came around just before 6 p.m. and we played an hour's tennis.  I am afraid to report that she beat me 4 games to 1 in our first ever proper scoring match.  I have obviously been teaching her to play tennis too well! House Group was very full tonight with Susan joining us to prepare a report back to Nils on what we are doing.  James stayed behind afterwards for a whiskey and de-briefed me on the Deanery Synod meeting last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment