Monday, June 13, 2011

Cycling

Mary was off to Fairthorne Activity Centre (on Southampton Water) with the school today and so this morning was rather frantic as she and Sara got everything together for her 3-day trip away from home.   Sophie came round later this morning and she and Sara went off to the Leisure Centre to use the gym - this is, hopefully, the start of Sara's new fitness and weight loss regime.  I drove into Salisbury to have my tyre fixed at Bathwick Tyres.  Unfortunately, there was a tiny puncture in the tyre which necessitated a new one being fixed.  At least I hadn't bent the wheel again.  The repair took only about 15 minutes and I was pleased to have the car fully functional again.   I drove into the city centre and parked the car in one of the street behind Friends Life.  I banked some money for the Calendar Girls and popped into Caffe Nero  for a free coffee and to read The Times before driving to Southampton Road and shopping at Lidl's.  i also popped into Halford to look at their lighter 24-gear bikes which I am tempted to buy to replace my heavy steel-framed Apollo.  Having enjoyed cycling with a lighter bicycle at Champney's I think I would really enjoy cycling around Winterslow with a better geared bike.  Talking of cycling, I enjoyed a six-miles cycle ride into Bentley Wood and back this evening.  The weather was beautiful, after all the rain of yesterday, and it felt really good to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment