Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A hint of good news

This morning I joined Richard and Linda in ringing Butlins to make a group booking for Spring Harvest 2012.  After half an hour, Richard got through but all three-bedroomed apartments had already gone and so we had to make do with five 4-bedroomed apartments.  There was no clergy meeting this morning so I returned home whilst Sara went off to Morning Star to do her normal Wednesday morning stint at "Newlyn". At lunchtime I went into Andover to do some banking and shopping returning home in the early afternoon.  Sara picked up Mary from school where she had returned from her few days away at Fairthorne. She and I watched Sleepless in Seattle together as the builders were making such a noise that it was impossible to do any work in the study.   This evening Richard, Sophie, Maggie and I went into Salisbury to attend the sixth session of our Lay Worship Leaders' course - this evening to learn about putting together a form of informal worship.  After the coffee break Nils came up to me to say that he had received an email from the diocese with a draft copy of the Bishop's letter to me confirming that I had got through the Discernment Conference and been recommended to him for training at a Licensed Lay Minister.  Richard, Sophie, Maggie and Zoe were delighted and Richard, Sophie and Maggie came back home with me to celebrate over a glass of wine.   Sara was dismantling Tom's high bed when we got back and that needed completing before we could celebrate. I should receive the Bishop's letter tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment