Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A day in Salisbury

I spent most of today in Salisbury.  The builders arrived early this morning and I had a light breakfast of coffee and an orange.  I went into Salisbury parking my car at the Petersfinger Park & Ride after picking up a couple of cheques for Sara from a local business.  I banked the cheques and then dropped my University Foundation Course application forms into Church House for the LLM training.   I walked round to The Close and visited Sarum College Bookshop to order two bibles (one for All Saints and the other for St. John's) as part of my gift to those churches from Spring Harvest.  I also picked up a copy of "Anglicanism - A Very Short History"  by David Chapman which I need to read before I start my course in September. I then walked to Anokka's where I met Anthony outside and we spent the next five hours or so together getting up to speed with our respective news.  We had the special buffet lunch in Anokka's and then spent a good couple of hours in Caffe Nero chatting.  It started to rain as I waited for the bus to take me back to the Park & Ride car park near Tesco's.  I bought a new cat collar for Emily (turquoise as requested by Mary) and tried to buy two garment rails from Tesco's to hang up all the clothes which are currently on our bedroom floor following the demolition of the built-in wardrobes for Tom and Mary.  When I got back I discovered that the builders had increased the height of our chimney (as we requested following lots of smokey down draughts in the winter) and built the dividing wall between the garage and Sara's new study.  Tonight Sara attended a Team LPA meeting at Whaddon and I prepared for my meeting in Leatherhead (a mediation) tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment