Sunday, June 26, 2011

Owzthat!

The weather has suddenly changed today and it is very dry and hot.  Tom was up early to do his paper round again and Sara and I slept on bit although she, Mary and I did make church this morning - a Praise Service conducted by Linda and Cynthia.  Another good service on the theme of "welcome".  I walked home after the service and this afternoon cut the front lawn and bank.  We had a late lunch today - roast gammon steak and, afterwards, Mary and I played a few games of the cricket dice game Owzthat! - a game I loved at her age and which I would play a lot during the summer holidays.  We made up cricket teams from amongst our friends and rolled the dice - one for the bowler and one for the batsman.  Mary won every game and now wants to know more about the rules of cricket.   It was really lovely to play this old simple game again inspired by my recent visits to the Rose Bowl.  The game does not come with a "streaker die" though.  Spoke to Mum briefly on the phone this evening and exchanged news.  Her car is now back with her and despite a hefty bill, it really wasn't too bad considering the amount of work necessary.  At least it keeps her independently mobile.  We've had a nice quiet weekend but tomorrow will be manic again!  I have quite a bit of Complex work to do tomorrow, as well as attend Rosemary's Bible Fellowship meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment