Thursday, June 02, 2011

Ascension Day Golf


A hot sunny day today.  Woke really early with the sun streaming into our bedroom.  Made tea with the builders arriving at around 8.30 a.m.  I loaded my car with golf clubs and Sara and I drove in separate cars to Stockbridge for our weekly weigh-in at Weight Watchers.  A depressing visit - I had put on 2 lbs (worst ever week) and Sara had put on 1.5 lbs!  The trip up north together with a poor exercising regime last week had certainly made its toll.  I was not at all surprised but also very disappointed.  Tom and I drove over to his friend Callum's house in Lockerley and from there to Grateley to spend the rest of the day playing golf.  We managed three rounds (27 holes in all) with a break for lunch at the local pub - The Plough.  The weather continued to be very hot .  I managed to earn 9 activity points today so, hopefully, I can start a new week off well.  I now need to lose 8.5 lbs to my target so I am slowly going backwards.  It seems so hard to lose weight now.  My golf wasn't too good either today but at least I got the exercise.  This evening I attended the Ascension Day service at East Grimstead - a really lovely small church .  There were about 25 or so people in attendance from all the Team parishes and the service was taken by Elizabeth and Jane.  There was no organ (it requiring repair) and so we had to sing unaccompanied.  Back home by 9 p.m. to do some work which my golf today prevented me from doing earlier. An early start tomorrow as Ed is going to pick me up at 7.05 a.m. to go to Ambassadors.

No comments:

Post a Comment