Thursday, June 30, 2011

Another hectic but satisfying day

Another hectic day today - now I am completely convinced that I have not retired.  Started to get like it was pre-retirement except I am now enjoying what I am doing; although the continuing building works is starting to do my head it - not the banging and sawing but the dust, dirt and general untidiness with children sleeping in the lounge and the family room.  I now have the bit between my teeth to get the study sorted out ready for my extended studying.  Today I managed to get on to Moodle and print off my extensive book list for the Oxford Brookes University Foundation Degree course as well as looking at many resources available on line.  Peter came over this morning to put in Mary's floor only to find that many of the laminated boards had not been cut squarely by the manufacturers so Sara had to take three boxes of them back to Wickes.  I picked up two garment rails from Argos to use for putting the children's clothes on (rather than have them strewn all over the floor) until their wardrobes are in place.  I also went to Sarum Graphics on the industrial estate at Old Sarum to pick up 850 copies of the Parish Magazine and deliver these to the distributors and the Rectory.  Thankfully my car accommodated them all easily - so glad I've now got the hatchback. Talking of the car, I had to tax it today as well and in all the mess in the study couldn't find the Certificate of Insurance.  I had to telephone the insurance company to confirm I was actually covered.  Fortunately I was and I could proceed to tax it but I will still need to track down the document.  I quickly cut the rear lawn this afternoon - it's looking really neat and tidy now and makes the garden look so much bigger. The builders have been painting Tom's room today and concreting the floor of Sara's study.  It will be fantastic when she has her own area and isn't cluttering up the dining room table.  Amongst all these jobs and errands, I also had quite a bit of Complex work to do today.  Business is really taking off at the moment. I've had a fantastic response to the Lucas/Plass Seriously Funny evening from all over the Clarendon Team - especially Pitton, Alderbury and Whiteparish.  It is so good to see the Team getting together.  I think the LWL course is bringing quite a few of us together too.  Tonight I had to rush off to Wiltshire Masters' Lodge in Ludgershall.  A really good meeting with an excellent speaker on the topic of Freemasonry and the British Forces - 1700-1900.  After the meeting David, the Secretary, told me that the Provincial Grand Master, who will be the Master of the Lodge next year, would like me to be one of his Wardens with a progression to the Master's Chair in 2013.  That is the most prestigious lodge position in the Province and an enormous accolade.  I spoke briefly to the PGM who was delighted to hear of my acceptance for LLM training and anxious for me to progress in the Province.   "Somebody" is really looking after me at the moment!  I wonder who?

No comments:

Post a Comment