Monday, June 20, 2011

Struggling with PowerPoint

The day started off bright enough but during the afternoon the rain arrived with a vengeance - it is so hard to believe that we are in the mid-summer period.  It is cold and wet.  Peter arrived from Hove early this morning and he and Sara spent some time discussing the progress on the building works and went off to but laminate flooring for Tom's bedroom and hallway.  I spent most of the day grappling with PowerPoint to finalise my presentation/talk on Titanic to the University of the Third Age at Cirencester tomorrow.  After lunch I went up to Richard's to ensure that the laptop/projector audio visual system was working properly for tomorrow.  This afternoon Matthew, the plumber, arrived to install a new radiator in Tom's new bedroom and remove the old one which is now in the hallway.  Immense noise all around me which really didn't help to my preparation for tomorrow's talk - especially as I was really struggling with the PowerPoint and it took me several attempts to get my notes inserted into the slides to use as a prompt.  Eventually I managed it with Sara's help.  Tonight Sara attended a Vie branch meeting down in Bournemouth and I continued with the Titanic research in a somewhat quieter environment.  The rain simply didn't let up and let Sri Lanka off the hook with a draw on the final day of the Test Match at the Rose Bowl.  In fact yesterday proved to be the best day to have attended the Test as it was the only day on which play was continuous with any stoppage for rain.  Watched a couple of episodes of Whatever happened to the Likely Lads? on the DVD player upstairs before Sara returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment