Friday, June 17, 2011

Titanic 2

Can't believe its only two weeks since the last Ambassador's breakfast meeting - but here we are again at the Grasmere for the usual unhealthy breakfast.  In fact, I had sausage, (1), black pudding (half), beans (a tablespoonful), mushrooms (loads), scrambled egg (tablespoonful) and half a fried tomato.  No bread or hash browns.  Today Richard Smith from Computersmiths talked to us about backing up important data.  After the meeting I worked on my netbook for a short time in the hotel lounge before going to the gym for my health/workout review.  The gym were very pleased with my progress - my body/fat ratio was down from 31% to 23.7%, my waist had shrunk by 5 inches and my weight down by 20 kilos since 2009.  My blood pressure was lower (although it has never been high anyway) and my fitness level generally improved.  This was all a great boost after yesterday's day at Fat Fighter's especially as their weighing machine showed my weight to be below 12 stones now.   Called in at Waitrose and Staples on the way home.  Sara and Sophie had been shopping in Tesco's and I just missed them.  When I got back home I discovered a huge scaffolding lorry in the drive and the scaffolding from around the extension had been removed and some erected around the chimney - following the chimney fire last year some repair work is needed as well as extending the chimney to the roof line to produce a better draw and reduce smoking.  Tom's room has now been plastered and the corridor from his existing door to his new room completed.  The next stage will be removed the stud wall in Mary's room to enlarge that.  Sara was out at Ludgershall tonight doing what tuned out to be a very poor Vie party.  I completed the Night Sky article for the magazine and then watched Carry on Matron with Mary.  When Sara got home, we watched a terrible film called Titanic 2 - about a modern day replica of Titanic being hit by an iceberg carried on a tsunami.  Most of the film was made on board a very thinly disguised RMS Queen Mary and was never convincing with poor continuity.   Terrible acting and terrible plot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment